May 3, 2016
TURN THE TABLE AROUND
The farmers have “the ability to enrich” themselves.
For generations before and increasingly so after 1947, the policy in India has been of maintaining the terms of trade against farmers and have plundered the rural economy.
The abject poverty, ill health, and useless education are results of this policy.
We urgently need to turn the table around,
1. see that savings start accumulating with farmers,
2. increase investments in the rural economy,
3. end the licence-permit raj in agro-input and output markets,
4. education and skill building industry along with
5. a host of measures for capitalization in land markets, and
6. linking to markets.
Farmers should be treated as equals to non-farmers.
Not as slaves with denial to freedom of life and living with dignity.
(Picture from Freedom First)(from my Facebook post)